Subject : Motion – Minimalist – Organic (3 days - intermediate to Advance) It is a practice and research workshop, where using my basics and
Subject : Motion – Minimalist – Organic
(3 days – intermediate to Advance)
It is a practice and research workshop, where using my basics and my guidance I will invite you to explore concepts and ideas.
In this one, which is very important to me, I will try to share my basics in classical Kinbaku. No the basics I owe to Arisue Go, but the basics of my practice and my experimentation ever since I came back from Japan.
After a while, it became obvious that whatever kind of connection I had with my rope partner, these three words were always a good summary of my work
MOTION : Transformation, transition, un-balance, dance, put in movement, way to do it, way to move naturally the body to reach un-natural positions… and this static position which everything but fucking-static
MINIMALIST : Make it simple, not easy, not dangerous, but simple. Rely on the situation, the understanding and your partner to make it work and to make it stable. Stable? In fact just stable enough to make it sustainable, unstable enough to let your partner adjust (or just to level up the challenge)
ORGANIC : Have you seen the nature? Have you felt the human body? Have you taken a close look at a rope structure?And you would like to have squared shape everywhere?! Nope. I like to work on the spiral, on the organic feeling, on the direction with an angle (leading to a spiral of course)
There will be exercises to work around all of that, with a will to go to some kind of unstable (or transformable) creation “Ikebana style”
And of course, a lot of fun!
- Level Advanced or almost(at least be fast and confident with suspension and know basic body handling)
- Maximum amount of participants : 10 peoples / 5 tickets
- One ticket is for a rope’s couple, so two people (price 300 euros)
DRESS CODE, EQUIPMENT AND CHANGING ROOM
- Roomy or tight clothes, to ease moves and sensations (at least shorts and tank top), barefoot (or with non sliding socks)
- Ropes for Shibari/Kinbaku, hemp or jute, soft, supple and strong. We will prefer 7 o 8 metre lengths (8 needed to start) and one 5 metre rope.
- A space will be available to let your shoes and clothes .
IMPORTANT NOTICES (KILLJOY MODE ON)
- No pictures to be taken during the tuition
- Forbidden to anyone under 18yo
- Any participant admits being aware of the conditions, liabilities and General Conitions of Sales and accepting them
Image at the dojo by me, student : Cath and Ijiwaru
5 (Friday) 1:00 pm - 7 (Sunday) 7:00 pm
164 rue royal
CARPécarpe.asso [@] gmail.com